Monday 25 May 2009

Monday 25th May

This morning was spent mainly preparing for the training session I was doing with the teachers in the afternoon. I had decided to talk to them about how to structure their lessons more effectively and give them some ideas for activities to start the lessons off, so I prepare a sheet of ideas for them. At 1.30 I travelled to the Vision Rescue kitchen and joined the bus on it's next feeding location. There was no teaching at this stop so I helped with the feeding and the bus then travelled back to the kitchen where we got a taxi to the methodist church hall for the training session. I think the session today was quite difficult for the teachers because they are so used to teaching just the main part of the lesson that the idea of having a warm up activity and a conclusion at the end was difficut for them to understand. There are also lots of teaching techniques that we use in England that are not used as part of the eductaion culture in India so they are totally new concepts to the teachers. Also, the discipline is much harsher and children are expected to learn what they are told and not learn for themselves. Over the next few days I wil be spending lots of time on the buses watching the teachers and giving them individual feedback. That will also help me to find more ways to improve the education that they are giving to the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment