Monday 3 August 2009

Monday 3rd August

This morning, I was still feeling full up from the wonderful Spaghetti Bolognaise that I had at Simon's house last night. Simon is the chef that cooks all the food for the children. I got a rickshaw over to the office for 10.00am. My first task was to print out my paperwork for the teachers training session this afternoon. The office was having a few technical problems and Ajesh's computer (which I was using) decided to die!! Evetually, I was able to use another computer and get the printouts I needed. I then joined Biju and Rajesh who were having a meeting with Vision Rescue's newest employee, Jidesh. He will be Vision Rescue's CEO. After the meeting, I travelled with Rajesh and Jidesh to Mahim, where we had lunch and then went on to the teacher training session. Today, I discussed the teachers about the good things I had seen on the bus since I had been back in India and talk to them about the sessions we would be having over the next four weeks. The main focus is going to be on the teaching of English as this is the area that the teachers are less confident in and do not teach correctly. This is where I will be using the phonics scheme. I am also keen for them to start evaluating there own lessons and having targets to improve their teaching. They all seem very keen to learn more and I am confident that we will have better teachers and learners by the time I leave. Tomorrow, Manoj is picking me up at 8.00am so I can see the first teaching session. I noticed that some of the street families are starting to return to Mahim so it maybe only a few more days before we can get the football going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment