Wednesday 3 June 2009

Tuesday 2nd June















Today I was joined by another Brit! Elizabeth from Birmingham is in Mumbai for a couple of days before she goed to Goa. She wanted to see the work of Vision Rescue so she joined Rajesh and me at Mahim Gardens. This morning was another exhausting football session with the boys but very enjoyable. I introduced them to the 'throw on' today and it took a while for them to get the hang of it. Rajesh did not play today but Jaywanth joined in as usual. I am hoping to train up some of the staff next week by showing them some of the football drills they can do with the boys. After the football we took a trip to the dumping ground for Elizabeth to see but as the bus was not there we did not stay. We had lunch at the Vision Rescue kitchen and I had a bit of time to teach Albaz and his friends how to balance sticks on their hands - it was most entertaining.
We then went with th bus to the first location of the evening bus, Wadala. Here I was able to watch Ishwa, who is one of the teachers. He was teaching some English Greetings and it was a good job I was there because there were a few errors which I very quietly informed him about. English is the subject that the teachers find the toughest to teach and so it is important that I give them as much input as possible. After Wadala, we headed home as Elizabeth needed to get back to her accomodation. I was hoping to carry on to Reay Road but I will leave that till Thurday. Tomorrow I will be in the office all day, preparing teaching sessions and printing out resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment